The Kano Art Museum
The Kano Art Museum is one of the best Bizen Ware Museums in Japan.
Founded by the late KANO Hiroki in October, 1996 in Fube located up the Iinashi River that flows through Yasugi City, Shimane Prefecture.
His chief objective was to develop his hometown by providing a programme of educational activities through lifelong learning and cultural works at the museum.
Enjoy yourself in the comfortable surroundings in scenic beauty with seasonal flowers and the limpid stream in front.
"Matcha" (Japanese powdered green tea) will be served for visitors.
WHAT’S ON (Some of the items on exhibit are changed twice a year.)
* Paintings and calligraphic works by KANO Kanrai (120 items).
* Bizen Ware produced by 5 living national treasures (290 items).
* Bizen Ware by ceramists designated by Okayama Prefecture as living intangible cultural assets (196 items).
Features : Displayed are old Bizen Ware produced in Azuchi - Momoyama Period (1568 - 1600), items collected from 15 owners, all of which are designated by Okayama Prefecture as cultural properties, and
promising young ceramists’works.
* Japanese paintings drawn by ONO Chikkyo and IKEDA Yoson (72 items).
Both were born in Okayama and recipients of Order of Cultural Merit
* Tea bowls produced by Raku the eighth, ARAKAWA Toyozo, KAWAI Kanjiro and others (276 items).
* Carvings and paintings by local artists (NISHIDA Meishi, HOSODA Yasuhiro and AOTO Kei)(66 items).
* KANO Kanrai’s records of the petition for the release of Philippine war prisoners and for the commutation of their death sentence.
Open all year round : 9:00am - 4:30 pm (Last admission : 4:00pm)
Closed : 25 December through 10 January.
ADMISSION PRICES(inclusive of the annexe)
* Adult : ￥1100
* student (primary / secondary / high school / college) : ￥550
* Group rate (over 20 persons) :￥900
* The Museum yearly pass : Adult : ￥3000 Student : ￥1500
Valid for : one year
Privileges : *Up to 2 companions of passport members will receive a 20% discount on the admission fee.
*Members receive a 10% discount on some items.
ACCESS AND TRANSPORTATION
Private access by car from
* Matsue : Take Route 9 (about half an hour’s drive) and turn right at the Arashima T-crossing to Hirose.
(Avoid Route 432 because it is too narrow for traffic and is easy to freeze.)
* Yasugi Interchange : Turn left at the third traffic lights to Hirose.
* JR Yasugi Station : About 30 minutes’ drive.
* Yonago : Take Route 9 (about 20 minutes’ drive) and turn left at the entrance to Kiyomizudera to Hirose via "Hakucho(Swan) Road".
(avoid Route 257 because it is too narrow for traffic and is easy to freeze.)
* Yokota via Orochi Loop Line : Take Route 432 to Yasugi / Hirose.
|JR Yonago Station||Hirose Bus Centre||Kano Museum|
|JR Yasugi Station||Hirose Bus Centre||Kano Museum|
|JR Arashima Station||Hirose Bus Centre||Kano Museum|